The Lodge was unable to meet due to Covid-19. However, a VLM was held by video technology.
The Lodge Committee had recommended that the WM and all the Officers should stay in post for the ensuing year as they could not perform their duties for the most part of last year, this was approved at the VLM in December 2020.
The VLM was opened by the WM, WBro Dennis Heskett PProvDepGDC welcoming everyone to what would have in normal times been our Installation meeting. There were 16 members and 6 visitors present.
The minutes of the last VLM were approved by a show of hands
The DC asked the WM if he would appoint his officers which he did. All the 2020 Officers will stay in post for a further year and new Officers were appointed as follows:
- WBro Alan Fielder ProvAGStdB as Mentor.
- WBro Stuart Rayton PProvGSwdB as Senior Deacon.
- Bro Vincent Frain as Inner Guard.
- Bro Peter Chapman and Bro Peter Farrow as Stewards.
The full list of Officers is shown [here].
The Almoner WBro Derek Smith PProvDepGDC and the Charity Steward WBro Dennis Heskett PProvDepGDC both gave their reports
The Secretary read the communications and correspondence and visiting Brethren tendered greetings. There being no other business the Lodge was closed by the SW, Bro Ken Lee and the JW Bro Will Atkinson.
There was just time to draw the Installation Raffle before admitting the non-Masonic visitors. The winners were:
- Number 187 - WBro Greg Casson he opted for the 'Jack Daniels'
- Number 108 - WBro Dennis Heskett who claimed the set of drinking glasses.
- Number 194 - WBro Greg Casson having won one prize request that the number be redrawn.
- Number 30 - The final prize a bottle of wine to WBro Steve Barton.
The raffle raised the fantastic sum of £300 for Charity.