A tale of Two Lodges
History Part 3
Lodge of Amity and Rossendale Forest No.283....
Two Lodges, the Lodge of Amity No.283 and Rossendale Forest Lodge No.4138 combined in 2012 to form one great Lodge for the future.... dedicated to carrying on the good works of Freemasonry and became the Lodge of Amity and Rossendale Forest No.283 in January 2012.[ Past Masters of the New Lodge ]. The obvious choice was to combine the Lodge names but to keep the number 283 as this is a very old number, first issued in 1755 to the Lodge of Friendship, Norfolk.
~~ 2012 ~~
[ Click photos for more details ]
The Lodge held two meetings in May; the first being the amalgamation meeting and the second on the 29th May was the Bible Fall Dedication meeting.
The ceremony was carried out by the Assistant Provincial Grand Master, WBro. Martin Roche SGD and the Provincial delegation.
The Bible Fall was a present to the new Lodge from Rossendale Forest Lodge No.4138. The Bible Fall was perambulated by the most junior member of RFL, Bro. Andrew Coulton and was presented by the most senior Past Master and last WM of RFL, WBro. David Bury PProvGSuptWks.
13th December 2012: The meeting opened with the Secretary reading the dispensation allowing the meeting to be held on the 13th December instead of the 25th December.
Bro. Barry Thompson SW was elected as Master Elect of the Lodge for the ensuing Masonic year. W.Bro. Andy Shaw PProvAGDC was elected Treasurer for the ensuing Masonic year.
A Ballot was taken which proved in favour of W.Bro. Edward Marshall PProvAGSuptWks; becoming an Honorary Member of the Lodge.
W.Bro Gary Heys resigned from the Lodge due to family commitments.
The Festive Board held after the meeting was very well attended by Brethren, Ladies, non-Masons and Widows of the Lodge. Entertainment was provided by a member of the Lodge; Bro. Raymond Peter Godwin and Mr. Hutchinson.
~~ A excellent evening ~~